The airfield called New Zealand Farm is located high up on Salisbury Plain, about 6 miles SSW of Devizes. The farm's name was a wry reference to its remoteness and the farmhouse was demolished when the area was developed as a Relief Landing Ground in 1940.
In March 1944 eight L-5s of Flight D of the 153rd Liaison Squadron arrived and stayed until they moved out, en route to France, early in June. They were soon replaced by the L-5s of the 125th Liaison Squadron that stayed until August 1944. The personnel of these units were accommodated at nearby Erlestoke Manor.
There is anecdotal evidence that New Zealand Farm was also used by aircraft bringing back casualties to the American Military Hospital at Erlestoke
Not yet known