IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Ground crew make repairs to P-51 Mustang marked with squadron code 'WZ', of the 84th Fighter Squadron, 78th Fighter Group, which flew Mustangs in combat from January 1945 onwards.
The 78th Fighter Group was initially based at Goxhill but moved to Duxford in April 1943 and stayed there until October 1945. The 78th FG flew each of the three US built principal fighters of the AAF in the ETO. In their Thundetbolts, the 78th FG ...