The 1466th was authorized on 02 Jan 1944, but not activated until 10 Jan 1944 when it was attached to the 1513th Quartermaster & Truck Battalion (Avn) (SP). It was relieved from attachment to the 1513th on 15 Jan 1944. It was part of Team "B" of the 318th Service Group, serving at USAAF Station 466, Membury. On 18 Oct 1944, the name changed to 1466th Ordnance Medium Automotive Maintenance Platoon (Aviation). In mid-to-late February 1945, the unit moved to the Far Shore, becoming fully operational at Air Strip A-55, Melun, France for the month of March 1945.
Organized as the 318th Air Base Group and activated 28 Jan 1942 at Barksdale Field, Louisiana. Departed 06 Oct 1943 on the ship E. B. Alexander with 26 officers and 136 enlisted men. Arrived at Greenock, England 20 Oct 1943. Group supported the 434th...
|Established||Ashdown Park||10 January 1944|
|Based||Ashdown Park||10 January 1944 – 15 January 1945|
|Based||Warmwell||15 January 1944 – 21 February 1944|
|Based||Bottesford||21 February 1944 – 2 March 1944|
|Based||Membury||2 March 1944 – February 1945|
|14 March 2015 18:15:41||Kayak2715||Changes to type, description, unit encompassing associations and stations|
318th Service Group Unit Histories and 1466th Ordnance M M Co (Avn)/1466th M A Platoon (Avn) Unit Histories (Air Force Historical Research Agency Microfilm Reel #B0838, CD-R)
|27 September 2014 18:42:56||AAM||AAM ingest|
Units in the UK from ETOUSA Station List, as transcribed by Lt. Col. Philip Grinton (US Army, Retired) and extracted by IWM; air division data from L.D. Underwood, based on the 8th Air Force Strength Report of 6th August 1944, as published in 'The 8th Air Force Yearbook' by Lt. Col. John H Woolnough (1980)