Skip to main content
Edit entry 

49th Station Complement Squadron

Squadron

Structure

Part of
  • VIII Fighter Command

    VIII Fighter Command

    Command
    VIII Fighter Command was established as VIII Interceptor Command at Selfridge Field on 2 February 1942.

Encompassing
Not yet known
Previously was
Not yet known
Became
Not yet known

Stations

Station Location Date
Based East Wretham

Connections

People

  • Alfred Meyer

    Military | Sergeant | Link Trainer Instructor; Clerk, General
    As Link Trainer Instructor, operated a synthetic training device and instructed trainees in the techniques of instrument flying. As Clerk, General, maintained officers' service records, prepared records for shipment, received records, interviewed...

  • Maurice Walshe

    Military | Master Sergeant | Ground Crew
    AM DEF/ ETO/ GC/ WW II VM/ AFLSA w/ 4 Oak Leaf Cluster

Citations

None

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
27 September 2014 18:42:49 AAM AAM ingest
Sources

Drawn from the records of the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force, Savannah, Georgia / Units in the UK from ETOUSA Station List, as transcribed by Lt. Col. Philip Grinton (US Army, Retired) and extracted by IWM; air division data from L.D. Underwood, based on the 8th Air Force Strength Report of 6th August 1944, as published in 'The 8th Air Force Yearbook' by Lt. Col. John H Woolnough (1980)

Share