Prior to the arrival of the USAAF it was a satellite base for RAF Burtonwood. The racecourse was used as a USAAF Base Air Depot Area (BADA) from 13 November 1944 and the centre of the course was used as a grass airstrip. It re-opened as a racecourse in August 1946.
|27 September 2014 18:02:16||AAM||AAM ingest|
Barry Anderson, Army Air Forces Stations (Alabama, 1985) / http://www.south-lancs-aviation.bravepages.com/history_of_haydock_park.htm