Skip to main content

IWM catalogue record

This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.

A commemorative stained glass window, dedicated to airmen of the 96th Bomb Group. Written on slide casing: '1945, window in church of Eccles Rd, Engalnd. Dedicated to missing airmen of 96th Bomb Grp.'

Connections

Units

  • 96th Bomb Group

    96th Bomb Group

    Group
    The 96th Bomb Group flew B-17 Flying Fortresses to targets across occupied Europe from May 1943 to April 1945. ...

Locations

  • Eccles

    Military site : non-airfield
    Exact location unknown - centred on the Eccles Road area adjacent to Snetterton Heath 138. There is an active, but un-manned railway station there that would probably have been used in Eccles proposed capacity as a Strategic Air Depot Area. However,...

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
02 February 2015 09:59:57 AAM AAM ingest
Sources

IWM, Roger Freeman Collection

Share