IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Aerial photograph of Goxhill airfield looking north west, the control tower and technical site with two T2 hangars and a J-Type hangar is at the bottom, barrack sites are top left, 8 June 1942. Photograph taken on sortie number RAF/UK753. English Heritage (RAF Photography).
Military site : airfield
Goxhill opened in June 1941 as an RAF Bomber Command airfield, before being handed over to RAF Fighter Command in December. The Eighth Air Force took ownership in August 1942, and used the airfield, which they quickly dubbed 'Goat Hill' for operational...