IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Aerial photograph of the east end of Molesworth airfield looking north, the control tower and two T2 hangars are right of the vertical runway, 5 October 1945. Photograph taken by No. 541 Squadron, sortie number RAF/106G/UK/889. English Heritage (RAF Photography).
Military site : airfield
Molesworth was one of the early stations used by the Eighth Air Force in the UK, first occupied by the 15th Bomb Squadron’s Douglas Bostons in June 1942. Built in 1940 and extended and improved in 1942, Molesworth is most associated with the 303rd...