IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Aerial photograph of Boreham airfield, looking east, there is a T2 hangar in the centre right of the image, 4 July 1949. Photograph taken by No. 50 Squadron, sortie number RAF/58/281. English Heritage (RAF Photography).
Military site : airfield
Built in 1943-1944, it was used by B-26 Marauder bombers of the Ninth Air Force's 394th Bomb Group in 1944. The 315th Troop Carrier Group were temporary lodgers at the airfield in 1945, shortly before it closed.