Skip to main content

IWM catalogue record

This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.

A reservoir at the 8th Air Force accomodation at Daws Hill. Image via R Johnson. Written on slide casing: 'Daws Hills House, 1944.'

Connections

Units

  • 8th Air Force

    8th Air Force


    Eighth Air Force Bomber Command became the Eighth Air Force on February 1944, it oversaw bombardment of strategic targets in Europe until 1945. ...

Locations

  • High Wycombe

    Military site : non-airfield
    High Wycome known as Daws Hill was the Headquarters of Eighth Air Force Bomber Command (Pinetree). Situated on land and in a house formerly occupied by Wycombe Abbey School and restored to them by the US on 9 May 1946. ...

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
08 September 2014 15:35:39 AAM AAM ingest
Sources

IWM, Roger Freeman Collection

Share