Skip to main content

The caption reads 'On the 5th August 1944 the American flag was presented by Colonel Hal Bowman the 401st Bombardment Group (H) commander to the Bishop of Peterborough as a token of friendship'. The flag is now displayed in a triangular oak case in the Church of St Mary the Virgin, Weldon.

Connections

Units

People

  • Harold Bowman

    Military | Brigadier General | Commanding Officer
    Commanding Officer of 401st BG from June 1943 to 5 December 1944. ...

Locations

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
12 April 2018 12:21:25 Rob in Norwich Created entry with collection, caption, unit associations, person associations and place associations
Sources

Photographed by Rob Edwards 10 April 2018

Share