IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
A bomber crew of the 391st Bomb Squadron, 34th Bomb Group, with their B-17 Flying Fortress nicknamed "Little King". Handwritten on reverse: 'From Malcolm E. Corum, 391st BS, 34th BG.'
After forming part of the American defence force, first on America's east coast and then on its west, the Group was assigned to the Eighth Air Force in April 1944 and entered combat in May 1944. The Group helped with the preparation for the Normandy...
B-17 Flying Fortress
Delivered Cheyenne 27 July 1944; Hunter 5 August 1944; Dow Field 15 August 1944; Assigned 568BS/390BG Framlingham 17 August 1944 (" HOTTER 'N HELL". Transferred 391BS/34BG Mendlesham 18 August 1944 ("LITTLE KING"). Among other pilots, 1st Lt Harold E....