Skip to main content

Official Air Ministry Record Site Plan 1943

Locations

  • Walcot Hall

    Military site : non-airfield
    Bought by the Dearden family in 1891, during the Second World War the Hall was used as an RAF operations room remote from conjoined RAF Wittering and RAF Collyweston. From December 1943 the 67th Fighter Wing took over, using the Hall as a command and...

  • Wittering

    Military site : airfield
    Wittering, now in Cambridgeshire, began as RFC Stamford in 1916. By the end of the First World War, it had been renamed RAF Wittering, and was used by both British and American aircraft. It had six hangars, fifteen aircraft sheds and many other...

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
15 September 2015 09:51:45 Eighth in the East Changes to caption
Sources

The Eighth in the East

Date Contributor Update
15 September 2015 08:48:20 Eighth in the East Changes to collection
Sources

The Eighth in the East

Date Contributor Update
14 September 2015 11:11:15 Eighth in the East Created entry with place associations
Sources

Uploaded

Share