This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Engineers of the 394th Bomb Group use Clark Dozers to contstruct hardstanding near a B-26 Marauders including (serial number 42-96073). Passed for publication between 23 May 1944 and Jun 1944. Handwritten caption on reverse: '394BG, 584BS. Boreham, 1944' On reverse: Signal Corps Photo, Sacred, SHAEF Field Press Censor and US Army Press Censor ETO [Stamps].
Military site : airfield
Built in 1943-1944, it was used by B-26 Marauder bombers of the Ninth Air Force's 394th Bomb Group in 1944. The 315th Troop Carrier Group were temporary lodgers at the airfield in 1945, shortly before it closed. ...
|02 February 2015 10:00:09||AAM||AAM ingest|
IWM, Roger Freeman Collection